A high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine, Laine is about natural fibers, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life. The intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
Laine includes patterns from the leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling.
Issue 2 - Spring/Summer 2017 - PRE-ORDER
- 124 pages uncoated, high-quality paper
- 11 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed and illustrated
- (pattern designers: Andrea Mowry, Isabell Kraemer, ANKESTRiCK, Caitlin Hunter, Susanne Sommer, Lesley Anne Robinson, Jessica Gore, Biches & Bûches, Anna Johanna, Renate Yerkes, Jonna Hietala)
- instructions on how to make a camera strap by weaving
- a long-format interview with Andrea Mowry
- a Q&A with Felicia Lo
- a story about Tukuwool
- a story about Biches & Bûches
- seasonal recipes
- a travel guide to Helsinki featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop
Issue 1 - Dec. 2016 - 116 pages - interviews, travel guide to Lisbon, Portugal, Nordic recipes, 11 knitting patterns (Stephen West, Veera Välimäki, SOSU (Susanne Sommer), Meiju K-P, Joji Locatelli, Marianne Isager, Tiina Huhtaniemi, Heidi Alander, Jonna Hietala), and more.
Text & Images ©2017 Laine Magazine